Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I wanted to take a moment to reflect on the past year and the many things I am thankful for.  First of all, I am thankful for all of you who read my blog!  Coming up with new content to write it (almost) every week for the past several months has sometimes been a challenge, particularly because I want it to be more than just my rants and raves, but something useful to other people.  I am thankful for those of you who have given me positive feedback (whether in person or through email or posted comments). 

I am also thankful for all my clients helping me to survive my first year in private practice!  As they say, starting up a new business is very hard work and can be a bit scary, but it is also a lot of fun and really helps you learn more about yourself and what you are capable of.  I am happy to be keeping my head above water and look forward to the next year being even better. 

It’s also commonly understood that all businesses have “seasons” when things are slow and when things are really busy.  I expected things to really slow down over the holidays because who really wants nutrition and fitness advice at this time of year?  Initially, that was the case, but just this past week I’ve gotten a lot of new clients.  I am really grateful for those brave souls who are not waiting until the start of the New Year to take action to improve their health. 

I am thankful for my friends and family (especially my husband Dan), who have been very supportive all my life, but particularly during the launch of my new business.  Without Dan, I would probably not be doing this blog, and I would have had to pay a lot more to get my website up and running! 

Of course I am thankful for my health, for my home, and for my abilities.  I am a little bummed that I was not able to do many races this year (only a couple of foot races and one cycling event – no triathlons), but realize that I do not have the time to do EVERYTHING.  Spending more time in a “coaching” and “cheer-leading” role this past year has given me a whole new appreciation for people who spend their lifetimes being our coaches and cheerleaders! 

I have so much to be thankful for, it is hard to express it all in a short blog!  I am truly grateful to God for all the blessings he has given me.  I hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving!   

1 comment: